Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ego Surfing Nostalgia

There are some scribbled lines from here and there that friends wrote for me once or I wrote for them and it is amazing the way they can bring a smile to ones face.

Part 1 Charu and Dilpreeta
Bipolar attraction

Charu on Dilpreeta
I don’t have too many words to describe a person that she is...

The world told me to stay away
But I was as curious as a child
To know what is inside this 5 foot nothing

Strangely, for my ego doesn’t permit other times
I tread slowly to introduce myself
An unsaid understanding that we are alike
Let us un belong with the remaining 55

So many years, those are behind us
I often ask myself what is she to me
A mirror to myself
A friend for keeps
A critic to hate
Or just an emotion that describes it all

As the feelings resonates every now and then
I think we are to each other what flowers are to spring
There might be dry days, but we bloom best in the sun!!!

Dilpreeta on Charu

Never judge a book by its cover
never let the first impression be the last
for if she deceived you into believing that she is hard nut to crack
you have not even scratched the surface yet.
We have had our moments
my futile attempts to talk to her at the steps of college auditorium
our escapades at Madhu Sagar
well don’t ask us what we were doing there
hell, even the director did not know
but for feeling up each other’s arses
what better did we know
it would not be too far fetched if I confessed I cried to our friendship in disdain
though she lived in oblivion
but was pleasantly surprised
that’s her style
she has her idiosyncrasies
and boy are they idiosyncrasies
no sleep overs and many obsessive compulsive freak overs
we are social embarrassments when together
from public displays of affection to performing umrao jaan in midst of nowhere
our bouts of crazy humor
we share more than some things in common, love for SOS, insomnia and coffee are but the surface
we would like to believe we are the princesses of the world
spent all our money splurging on good food, good living
the 24 hours prior to exam marathon
thank her network in college with the wrong people (studious)
we figured the syllabus and the books
with 2.5 answers we got to the right side of averages
twisted fate and innumerable STD’s kept the long distance relationship alive
Occasionally I match my step with hers
on ill fated days I fall flat on the ground of mithas
now if u think we are in love….oh deep dive take a plunge
if this hasn’t marred your chances with men , nothing will.
For all those squirming and scowling at this piece of literature
a booker will do no justice to pages on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment, feedback or point of view? Am listening.