Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thinking of You

I think of you often
More often than not it is subconscious
Some memories fail to fade
Like fresh paint on a palette
Some evoke nervous laughter
Others make me twitch in disbelief
About how naïve I could have been

I thought of you this morning
For reasons unknown I was smiling
The radio station played our favorite song
People were sunnier than the norm
Home by evening
Content enough to write my own epitaph
Sank into the couch and stared at a canvass on the wall
And as the day begins to end
Dusk dawns
In the kitchen, I adorn the chef’s robe
To try my luck with a dish for folks
Wafts of cookies and caramel fill the air
In bed at day’s end
Going through a stack of old photographs
I wear a nostalgic smile
I have been thinking of you yet again
I think of you often
More often than not it is subconscious

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok we know this is the best.....do i need to say more...ya one thing-stop writing on my life...will u ???

amrita shergill said...

this is a beautiful piece of work

Dilpreeta said...

thanks a ton Amrita.
Just visited your blog. Will read through it in th evening once I am back from work.

amrita shergill said...

oh ur most welcome darlin.....my stuff is all morbid n a lil violent

Post a Comment

Got a comment, feedback or point of view? Am listening.